The Lewes Old Grammar School PTA creates a link between the school and the parents and raises funds for the enrichment of the children at both Morley House and the Senior School. We have a few core events – the Christmas and summer fairs, and a boisterous but always good humoured, quiz night in the spring.
These events raise funds that have in recent years helped pay for:
• Commemorative hoodies for the Year 6 leavers at Morley House
• Digital video cameras to help with the assessment of GCSE PEP
• Playground markings and equipment at the junior school
• A safari for the students on the LOGS trip to South Africa
• Commemorative coins to celebrate the 500th anniversary of the school
In addition, the PTA funds the newspapers and magazines in the school library all year round we contributed £10,000 towards some state of the art equipment for the new drama hall.
None of this is possible without the members of the PTA that give their time so generously to make these events a success and I am inviting you to get involved whether you have children at Morley House or at the Senior school. Every contribution, no matter how small, makes a difference. Please don’t feel that getting involved in the PTA is a burden on your time – at the last summer fair a number of volunteers couldn’t help on the day but came the night before and helped set up, which was an invaluable contribution.